Mills College Lisser Hall

Oakland, CA | arts/entertainment | historic | community/education

Arts and technology have a new home in historic Lisser Hall.

Historic Photograph of Lisser Hall before the 1927 remodel

Lisser Hall is a 300-seat, 16,000-square foot theater located at the heart of the Mills College campus. Designed in 1901 by GW Percy and Willis Polk, the building was completely remodeled in 1927 by Walter Ratcliff, Jr. to accommodate a new theater department. Now, ELS’ renovation is bringing Lisser Hall back to the building’s original intent by creating a flexible, fully accessible, state-of-the-art performance and educational space. It will remain home to the Mills College Dance Department while also serving as an interdisciplinary center, hosting a wide range of lectures, readings, performances, projects, conferences, and community events.

Project Stats
  • Client

    Mills College

  • Size

    16,000 sf

  • LEED Certification

Related Projects