ELS is always looking for exceptional talent. We have a single office located in Downtown Berkeley, dedicated to design excellence integrating sustainable technologies and practices.
One of the largest architectural and planning firms in the East Bay, we are dedicated to design excellence utilizing sustainable technologies and practices. Our award-winning portfolio includes projects in Retail and Mixed-Use, Sports and Recreation, Arts and Entertainment, and Historic Renovation.
Community Resource Projects
Municipal, Non-Profit, Private K12 Education
$5-15MM Construction Cost
$50-100MM Construction Cost
Municipal Community and Recreation Projects
$50-90MM Construction Costs
At ELS, you will be surrounded by creative and talented people who are dedicated and passionate about the work they do, while also finding the time to offer guidance and support to their colleagues. We are honored to be the first organization in California to be named a JUST 2.0 organization; the JUST label represents our commitment to social equity, transparency, and diversity.
ELS is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive benefits package. Our office is located in vibrant downtown Berkeley, a block from BART and two blocks from the UC Berkeley campus. ELS is an Alameda certified green business, and many of our staff bike to work.
Please email cover letter, resume, and samples of work (PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
ELS Architecture and Urban Design
Attn: Human Resources
- Marketing Coordinator +
- Assist in coordinating, formatting, producing, and assembling proposals and statements of qualifications, including proofreading documents and coordinating subconsultants
- Support efforts for maintaining and updating firm’s website and social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Update staff resumes and ELS project sheets
- Assist in maintaining databases for contacts (Deltek VantagePoint), project statistics, and visual images (OpenAsset).
- Work with principals and marketing team in identifying, tracking and responding to award programs and conference deadlines
- Assist in market research such as developing, fielding and tracking project leads, as well as bonds and other funding for public work
- Support graphic designer in creating brochures, marketing collateral, and occasional PowerPoint presentations
- Support occasional efforts preparing for conferences/tradeshow exhibitions
- Assist in PR efforts and occasional digital marketing campaigns (MailChimp)
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing, communications, business, architecture, design or related field preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience preferably in AEC or in another creative, project-based work environment
- Ability to coordinate full RFQ/P process
- Strong editing, writing, and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, quick/eager to learn, and organized
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; ability to multi-task is a must
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign a must), Acrobat, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Social media, WordPress, Deltek Vantagepoint, and/or SEO skills are a plus
- Photography and/or video production/editing skills are a plus
- Fully paid medical (HMO), dental, group life, disability for employee
- 120 hours of PTO per year and 9 paid holidays
- 401k and Profit-Sharing Plan
- $500 Continued Education Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Discounted local YMCA membership (membership fee waived valued @ $50/$99)
- Casual dress code and a dog-friendly office