Join our team
ELS Architecture and Urban Design is a team of talented, creative, and passionate professionals dedicated to working collaboratively to deliver high quality and inspirational projects in core markets including Retail and Mixed Use, Sports and Recreation, Arts and Entertainment, and Historic Renovations. We are certified as a 2017 great workplace by Great Place to Work based on extensive ratings provided by our employees in anonymous surveys. We have also received a 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Bay Area News Group.
ELS is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive benefits package, and our office is located in downtown Berkeley, a block from BART and two blocks from the UC Berkeley campus.
We are always interested in meeting and building relationships with exceptional candidates.
- RETAIL PRACTICE AREA LEADER
- MARKETING COORDINATOR, 1-3 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- PROJECT DESIGNER, 3-7 YEARS EXPERIENCE
RETAIL PRACTICE AREA LEADER
ELS is a nationally recognized design firm, located in Berkeley California, with projects worldwide. Our location in the east bay offers an affordable lifestyle within a culturally rich community while still being a few Bart stops away from downtown San Francisco and Oakland. As a medium-sized firm we offer our staff specialized expertise with broad ranging experiences, for a well-rounded professional development program.
Our projects offer deep experiences in design and architecture across multiple practices, including retail, mixed-use and urban design; performing arts, entertainment and cultural; sports, recreation and aquatics; historic, adaptive re-use and education facilities.
ELS has an exceptional leadership opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about work in the Retail practice area. The best qualified candidate will be passionate about retail design and development, and have significant experience working with commercial tenant and landlord/developer clients. Responsibilities will include development of client relationships, leading design teams with their projects, managing projects and practice area growth and business strategies. The candidate should have a strong background in business development, client relationships, staff mentorship and project management.
- Excellent client relationship and management skills
- Development and direction of large-scale, programmatically complex architectural projects, particularly within the retail development market sector
- Cultivation of retail focused projects, including tenant improvement and core & shell projects
- Active participant within the retail centers development community, including ICSC and ULI
- Experience with hands-on management of practice area leadership and/or a studio environment
- Excellent communicator with strong presentations skills – written, oral and graphic
- Emphasis on organizing and leading groups to work successfully with clients throughout the entire design and construction process
- Excellent staff leadership and mentorship skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Urban Design or an affiliated field
- Licensed to practice architecture in the state of California, other states a plus
- Minimum fifteen years architectural experience inclusive of ten years’ experience in a leadership position within the retail market sector
For consideration, please submit resume and portfolio (PDF format under 8mb or web link) to: email@example.com
MARKETING COORDINATOR, 1-3 YEARS EXPERIENCE
ELS is looking for a creative, collaborative, and motivated Marketing Coordinator to join our marketing team for a full-time assignment. We are one of the largest architectural and planning firms in the San Francisco Bay Area, dedicated to design excellence utilizing sustainable technologies and practices. Our award-winning portfolio includes retail mixed-use projects, historic renovation, theaters, and recreational facilities.
At ELS, you will be surrounded by creative and talented people who are dedicated and passionate about the work they do, while also finding the time to offer guidance and support to their colleagues. ELS is located in downtown Berkeley, a block from BART and two blocks from the UC Berkeley campus. We are honored to have been awarded a 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Bay Area News Group and certified by Fortune partner Great Place to Work.
Under the direction of the firm’s principals and the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will be joining the Graphic Designer in supporting marketing and communications efforts. The Marketing Coordinator position requires knowledge in the production of proposals, marketing collateral, and social media. The position requires someone comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Assist in coordinating, formatting, producing, and assembling proposals and statements of qualifications, including proofreading documents and coordinating subconsultants
- Support efforts for maintaining and updating firm’s website and social media (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Update staff resumes and ELS project sheets
- Assist in maintaining databases for project statistics and contacts
- Work with principals and marketing team in identifying, tracking and responding to award pursuits and conference deadlines
- Facilitate project photography, including photographer selection and coordination
- Assist with interview preparation; coordinate and prepare content for meetings, interviews, and brochures
- Assist in developing, fielding and tracking project leads, as well as bonds and other funding for public work
- Participate in marketing research and PR efforts
- Assist in special marketing projects such as 50th anniversary celebration, website refresh, and other campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing, communications, business, architecture, design or related field preferred)
- 1-3 years experience preferably in AEC or in another creative, project-based work environment
- Ability to coordinate full RFQ/P process
- Strong editing, writing, and communication skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; ability to multi-task is a must
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign a must), Acrobat, MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Social media, WordPress and SEO skills are a plus
- Video production/editing and photography skills are a plus
- Event planning experience is a plus
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and samples of work (PDF format under 8mb or web link) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROJECT DESIGNER, 3-7 YEARS EXPERIENCE
ELS is looking for a creative, collaborative, and motivated Project Designer/Architect to join our team for a full-time assignment. We are one of the largest architectural and planning firms in the San Francisco Bay Area, dedicated to design excellence utilizing sustainable technologies and practices. Our award-winning portfolio includes retail mixed-use projects, historic renovation, theaters, and recreational facilities.
At ELS, you will be surrounded by creative and talented people who are dedicated and passionate about the work they do, while also finding the time to offer guidance and support to their colleagues. ELS is located in downtown Berkeley, a block from BART and two blocks from the UC Berkeley campus.
- BA in Architecture, BArch or MArch degree.
- 3 to 7 years architectural work experience.
- Competence in architectural rendering and detailing.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and rendering software.
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Progress toward California registration preferred – full registration a plus.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually.
Please email cover letter, resume, and samples of work (PDF format under 8mb or portfolio web link) to: email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please.